• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zagguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? washington

Two friends and I each bought ten acres of ajoining land. To get water and electric to our homes we dug a 2000' ditch through my property. There is not an easment for the two neighbors. That was two years ago. Now my friends have had to relocate. One of the new neighbors, who is renting with option to buy, is having issues with his landlord and is taking it out on me. He is threatening to put a fence up blocking my access to the pump house on my property. Renting lasers to check my property lines. Issuing threats etc.. My question is am I hanging out there because he doesn't have an easment for the power or electrical? What are my liabilities? Also he is not paying for his part of the electrical bill for the pump house. I would be happy to work something out but fear this person is not rational?:eek:

Kiawah

Slightly confusing post

So there are three lots (or are there two lots, you have one, and the other two friends have a lot?).

Don't understand the relationship between the electrical feed to the homes, and the relevance of the pump house.
The main electrical feed is brought thru your property to what?
- a transformer on some property where it is split and feeders to the individual homes?
- an underground splice somewhere, where it splits out and feeds the individual homes?
- each home has their own electrical power feed from the street, they're just all laid in the same 2000' trench which goes across your property?
- this pump house, where the main power splits and goes out to the homes, and there is also a meter for the water pump?

This pump house, sounds like it is on your property. So you have one well driven, and you all share the water from that pump, so there is a water supply line from the pump house to all of the homes? Or that is your own well? Or that is his well, which for some reason was drilled on your property....and you have your own well?

Can you clear up the facts, and then clear up your questions? Sounds like you may have a couple questions here:
- one question about the lack of an easement for the main power feed
- possibly a question about this pump house, and/or access to the pump house, and/or sharing of costs for the water from the pump house

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">