• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions about small farm insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TNHFarm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

Hello,

I am new to starting a business and have some questions about insurance, I hope someone can give me some guidance.
My Husband and I are beginning a small farm in South West NH. We are leasing the land. This year (2010) we will begin work on the land, digging beds, amending soil, creating pasture, etc. The property owner would like us to obtain liability insurance that covers injury to us while working on the land. I am not sure how to go about getting this insurance. I know once we begin to farm and sell products or inviting others on to the property we will need more insurance coverage, but for now can we get away with what little we need to protect the property owner?
I have been told we should create an "LLC" with our farm, but am not sure if this will cover what we need.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Hollie

Country Living

I'm not sure what the property owner means by you getting liability insurance to cover any injuries you might have while on his property. Liability is third party coverage - you purchase it to protect you in case someone else is hurt.

Contact your insurance agent or local farm bureau to get advice on your insurance needs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">