• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Re: Copyright reserved in Texas

• Thread starter nancy_h_williams
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nancy_h_williams

A friend who does not own a computer (Yep, there is still one person!). He is an aerial photographer and has copyrights reserved on the photos he takes. Someone got hold of one of his photos and published it giving no credit to my friend. His question is: Since he has the Copyright reserved, did they infringe on his rights? Thanks for any answers!
Nancy Williams

ALawyer

If they are his photos and are copyrighted (and Texas does not issue copyrights -- they are issued under Federal law) someone taking htem is stealing and can be sued in Federal court for damages and/or profits after they are registered with the Copyright Office in Washington, DC.

N

nancy_h_williams

Thanks for the answer, but....

At the time this occurred, the photos were not actually copyrighted. He had only RESERVED the copyright. Do the same rules still apply?
P.S.
I really did know that Copyrights are Federal. I stated Texas because this site asked me to mention what state I'm in. Again, thanks for the reply and I hope to get another one on this latest post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">