• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Battery @ WVU PLEASE HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KristenRH

I went to visit my boyfriend at West Virginia University on Valentines day. We got into an arguement and he hurt me. He hit me , he put his hand over my mouth and ripped some shirts. I wrote everything that happened in the police report and our court date is on may 23. If i go in and tell them that i lied on the report or i was upset and made things seem worse than they were, what could happen to me? I don't have a lawyer for this case and id ont know what to do, can you please help me. Also if i go in and don't lie, what do you think will happen to him? Please get back to me. Thank you

L

lawrat

Well, I don't know why you would want to take back what you said. Sounds like he hurt you pretty badly. Just because you are young doesn't give you an excuse to act childish. HE HURT YOU; HE NEEDS TO BE CRIMINALLY PROSECUTED. TO BE CRIMINALLY PROSECUTED, THE STATE WILL CHARGE HIM AND TRY HIM, NOT A PRIVATE ATTORNEY.

If you want to sue him in a civil court for the pain he caused, the bruises, and the torn clothing, hire an attorney who can work on a contingency (you pay if you win). http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">