• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cash refund instead of credit.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmmillner

My company located in Indiana has been overcharged by our internet service provider for the past 14 months. They have offered a credit for the full amount or a partial cash refund and the remainder in credit. I have indicated that I want the entire amount in a cash refund. My question is if I take this to small claims court, can I request more than the actual amount of overcharging?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cmmillner said:
My company located in Indiana has been overcharged by our internet service provider for the past 14 months. They have offered a credit for the full amount or a partial cash refund and the remainder in credit. I have indicated that I want the entire amount in a cash refund. My question is if I take this to small claims court, can I request more than the actual amount of overcharging?
My response:

Not unless you can demonstrate and prove fraud. Anything short of fraud, you'll only be entitled to the full amount of the overcharge, your filing fee and service of process costs - - that's all.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">