• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

starting a snack retail fund raising "charity"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CarterforStarte

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? missouri

I would like to start a small buissnuiss that raises money for charities by selling treats and snacks at grocery stores like wal-mart and sams club. I do not want it to be a real charity, but just a small sole ownership that donates all its profits. I would like to know what permits, paperwork, health inspections, or anything else I need to get this thing started. Because I have a very small budget, I would not like to hire a lawyer unless I absolutly have to. And I am 16 years old, so my parents might have to sign some of the paperwork.

cyjeff

I am confused.

Are you going to to sell things and then figure out what charity gets the money or are you going to approach charities first?

I will give you a hint... the first one isn't going to work.

I would also start talking to the corporate offices of the various retailers you want to use for your sales floor.

They may require other paperwork...

racer72

Consider this. Walmart and Sam's Club are in the business of selling a wide variety of products, including treats and snacks. Why would they let someone sell the same thing outside and take business away from them? Guess what, they won't.

cyjeff

Consider this. Walmart and Sam's Club are in the business of selling a wide variety of products, including treats and snacks. Why would they let someone sell the same thing outside and take business away from them? Guess what, they won't.
Especially to help out some nebulous "I promise I will give the money to charity" scheme.

OP, I realize that your heart may be in the right place, but no one is going to do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">