• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mickyruni

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
what are the legal recurpersions to filing a foreclosure on a property that has been refinanced in the past? I also have a home equity loan on that house, taken out after the sale of the house. I am wondering what can happen to us legally if we foreclose, can they go after us for repayment or recoup costs? thanks,
stressed in San Diego.:(

nextwife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
what are the legal recurpersions to filing a foreclosure on a property that has been refinanced in the past? I also have a home equity loan on that house, taken out after the sale of the house. I am wondering what can happen to us legally if we foreclose, can they go after us for repayment or recoup costs? thanks,
stressed in San Diego.:(
What is a Recurring Persian?

A lender can certainly file foreclosure on a defaulted loan, if still open to them. You took out a loan after WHAT sale? Your purchase of the house? Or after you no longer owned it? Your questions are very unclear as to who you are referring and who the lender is.

I am uncertain on what loan you intend to foreclose. Are you asking if committing fraud can land you in trouble?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">