• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

promises

state of maryland

i gave my sister permission to use me as a co-signer for a loan. as it turns out, she used my car as colateral. months later, she was not making payments. they came to my house to take my car, and i was not aware that it was a collateral loan. i just came back into town. the men asked me for my keys, and i would not give them to him because it was late and this was all new to me. my car had a clear title since 1995. the lot that had my car took out my son's electronic games totaling over $300.00. i wrote a certified letter to the company explaining everything, and the manager told me that i signed a disclosure so there was nothing that could be done. they make you sign the disclosure before you can pick your car up, so i did not have a choice. furthermore, my doors were locked, and my ignition key is different from my door key. when i picked my car up, i puposely gave him my ignition key only. he comes with my car, and i asked him how did he open my car. he told me with the key, and then i told him impossible and explained why. he then said "well the door was unlocked." they are lying. before i left their premises, i told them that there were items missing. they told me i had to put it in writing. i did that. i contacted the bank that secured the loan, and they told me that the company has insurance; i would have to go through their insurance. they are not cooperating with me. what can i do? i want restitution for my items. i have since started paying the loan myself to avoid this again. please help me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">