• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i sue local city design commission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LessthanAjc

Georgia

-Non elected officials.
- commission appointed to the board by the mayor.

Hello I would like to sue members of the UrbanDesignCommission. They put me through a lot of red tape, with malicious intent, only to reccomend that my plan not be approved to the deciding city council.

My question is this , they violated city code in that they were to deliver written recommendation to the city council within 75 days of receipt of the application. They took 7 months instead. The remedy (according to city code is a misdemeanor and civil damages )

Question: what is the statuatory time limit to bring a claim (ante-litem notice already sent) ?
Can I sue the cityAtlanta ( they gave power to the commission to make said recommendation ) as well as the actual UrbanDesignCommission?

and/or should i go after the individual members?

HomeGuru

Georgia

-Non elected officials.
- commission appointed to the board by the mayor.

Hello I would like to sue members of the UrbanDesignCommission. They put me through a lot of red tape, with malicious intent, only to reccomend that my plan not be approved to the deciding city council.

My question is this , they violated city code in that they were to deliver written recommendation to the city council within 75 days of receipt of the application. They took 7 months instead. The remedy (according to city code is a misdemeanor and civil damages )

Question: what is the statuatory time limit to bring a claim (ante-litem notice already sent) ?
Can I sue the cityAtlanta ( they gave power to the commission to make said recommendation ) as well as the actual UrbanDesignCommission?

and/or should i go after the individual members?
**A: of course you can sue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">