• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrassment in CA- help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AeroChick

hello all, and thanks for reading-
i live in california and my ex has been repeatedly harrassing me via phone and email (even with a restraining order saying he can't) and he and his wife are trying to alienate me from my kids by saying "awful" things to them about me (i.e. your mom is going to hell and is a terrible mother... among many other things...) what can I do? I have numerous police reports and nothing happens. the sheriff says that he is on the edge of stalking, but he seems to know just where he must stop before he gets thrown into jail. please help me.. am I just being too sensitive?

L

lawrat

Well, basically, legally you are being too sensitive. He seems to know how far he can take it.

A

AeroChick

Thanks, Lawrat, for writing me back- I did call CPS and they seem to be willing to help, based on emotional abuse of the kids. I hope that they are able to help us, the kids are going through SO much- and maybe when (if) he sees that his attitudes are wrong, he might (I hope!) get help. I'll keep you posted...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">