• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

receiving final pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

markdilday

i work in colorado and my last day of employment was thur. 3/29. my director of operations e-mailed and called me twice saying they would not pay me my final paycheck until i returned some training materials. some items i do not have but others i do which are just a few papers, but she insists i must return these items. i am now back in california and have no way of returning these items. also this company has a history of not following labor laws. what rights do i have? they can withold my check for a few papers?

A

Attorney_Replogle

You can file a claim with the Colorado state department of labor to get your final paycheck. In no event may an employer withhold the final paycheck of any employee. It matters not whether the employee has killed someone, stolen company property, or whatever. Or, you can file a small claims lawsuit in the county nearest where the employer lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">