• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate of will and claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kellynyc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

How can I find out if a counter claim has been made against my father's estate? I"m an only child and live in another state, he died in Alabama. My aunt is the executor and works for the probate attorney. They are not very forthcoming on the progress. I am awaiting proceeds of the sale of my father's home. It is now at the 6 month mark, and according to the atty who did the real estate closing, the money was to avail on March 13. I did speak to the attorney who probated (my aunts boss) and he basically says after that it's a process of paying any bils, etc., then going to the court, sending me papers, then I sign, send back and then a check is sent to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">