• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my dad died and did not leave a will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cynahmon

I live in new york, however my dad was born is domincan republic but lived and died in puerto rico, and owned property in both islands. when he died he did not leave a will. my step mother told me i had to sale my part of the inheritance to her. Her and her lawyer brother drew up papers of sell and she paid me less then what the properties were worth. first of all it was done in D.R. where the exchange rate is different and second of all i did not know what my legal rights were? how do i find out what my dad really owned and what the worth is at the time of his passing, can i still claim my share , was what my step mother did legal?

Banned_Princess

I live in new york, however my dad was born is domincan republic but lived and died in puerto rico, and owned property in both islands. when he died he did not leave a will. my step mother told me i had to sale my part of the inheritance to her. Her and her lawyer brother drew up papers of sell and she paid me less then what the properties were worth. first of all it was done in D.R. where the exchange rate is different and second of all i did not know what my legal rights were? how do i find out what my dad really owned and what the worth is at the time of his passing, can i still claim my share , was what my step mother did legal?
Hire a PR lawyer.

Wait, did you sign off on this already, and take the money?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">