• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business vs Workshop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AnastasiaP

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I run a writing workshop through another website, currently set up as a small group of that site. I wish to expand it and make it its own website.

Do I need a business license or something similar to run a workshop like this? It is not free. I know I will still have to pay taxes after making so much (correct?), but I am not sure if I can simply run it without a full business license or not. I have tried to look this up but there is no information about workshops that run continuously.

The workshop is themed as a school but it is never going to be accredited as an actual school. It is merely the theme of the workshop so that the information is presented in an organized way. Does this make a difference? Meaning, do I need to put a disclaimer at the bottom of my website to explain this?

Thank you so much for your help! I greatly appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">