• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appointment of administrator KY intestate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zippo325

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky
My sister died intestate in KY. She was unmarried with no children. Both parents are deceased. I am the full blood sister of the deceased and there is a half-blood sister also. We are the only people who will inherit. I live out of state, but I am retired and am able to be in Kentucky for the time necessary to administer the estate. I am willing to pay the necessary surety bond. The half-sister lives in the same town as the deceased but she works full time and has two children that take up all of her time. She is fighting me for administrator for her own secondary gain reasons. She previously executed her father's estate and did not file the inventory on time, nor did she file the final settlement on time. The court had to compel her to file the required documents after the deadlines had passed. Since I am "full blood" sister, I will inherit a full share and she will only inherit a half share per Kentucky statute. Will the judge be likely to grant me the administrator role instead of her in this case? We can not be co-administrators because of the friction that has already erupted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">