• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subscription Based Financial Website

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colaveca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I'm thinking about starting a website which charges a subscription fee for access to certain portions of the website. These fee portions of the website will enable users to submit their top stocks to me to include in my private investment fund. If I choose to use the user recommened stocks and profit from it, then I would in turn pay the users a percentage of my return on investment.

I would in no way provide investment advice, provide buy/sell/hold ratings, or manage anyone else's money by my own.

I don't believe I would be considered an investment advisor by doing the above model. I just wanted to make sure.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">