• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

delaying a police officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigeddieT

My son was recently arrested for "delaying a police officer" here in northern California. There was a bomb threat in the cafeteria of his high school. And he was talking to the cafeteria workers asking them why they couldn't go in and eat lunch (the students at this time had no knowledge of the threat) A police officer came up to him and asked him his name. Our last name is difficult to spell and the officer asked him how it was spelled. My son told him, the officer didn't believe him, and became angry at my son. He told a school official to "get him out of here" and my son left with the school official to a safe area while the bomb squad determined that the bomb was a fake. After about an hour the students were let back into the lunch room, my son included. My son went to get some food and the police officer arrested my son right there in front of most of the student body. My son is 18 yrs old. The officer booked him and he spent 5 hours in the county jail. My question is, if my son was indeed delaying the PO's duties shouldn't he of been arrested at the moment the supposed infraction took place and shouldn't my son been informed of the situation? As it was my son was believed to of been responsible for the bomb threat by the stunned students in the cafeteria. He had to do alot of explaining to his friends and teachers of why he was arrested. Bottom line,should we fight this or should he just plead NC. I really don't want him to have an arrest record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">