• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need permit now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigd1982

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

I already posted a question regarding my driveway being out of code. Thank you for the answers, I will be renting a concrete saw and cutting away the part that is too wide. The problem I now have is the county is saying since they have no permit on file, I have to file for a permit and since the work is already done, it will cost twice the normal amount.

Do I have to get a permit for work that has already been completed?

Off subject, do I need a permit in Florida to replace the windows in my house?

FlyingRon

Most likely you need a permit to do any new work (including that to correct your code violations). Please keep everything in ONE thread so that people understand what it is you are talking about.

justalayman

=bigd1982;2522329]

Do I have to get a permit for work that has already been completed?
if a permit was not purchased when the work was done and the local building department says you have to buy a permit, yes, you must buy a permit.

the double the cost is a penalty for not obtaining a permit when it was required originally. I know, it wasn't your fault but since it is your house and apparently the contractor is not able to be sued so you get stuck with it. That is just how it is.

Off subject, do I need a permit in Florida to replace the windows in my house?
probably. when were those put in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">