• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drainage issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smangie

responsibility for repair of a shared driveway

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
my question is complicated. I purchased a forclosed home with a shared driveway that my neighbor has an easment for accessing the road. my neighbor is the person who got forclosed on. my driveway floods every time there is any amount of rain witch usually results in 6-12 inches of water on the drive. this is due to seperated field clays in my yard and on drive way.neigbor said has been this way since she built the house 15 years ago. there is a creek 50 feet from my property line on her property.I was told that i was not allowed to cross thier property to access this creek that they were eventually going to install thier own drive which would cross the creek and fear the extra water from what is now still a shared drive would flood the new drive. there is no other course for drainage off my property other than with costly pump system installed underground to pump the water to the street. is there any action i can take to force them to let me cross thier property after all they use mine daily. i offered to repair thier yard and reseed after the repairs are done and was willing to do all repairs myself. sorry such a long story i said it was complicatedWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">