• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

co-signer rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brandy Wessels

my husband co-signed for an jet ski loan for a friend. the jet ski has now been repossessed and the loan is now in a collection agency. he never received any notification of late payments, repossession, or the decision to turn loan over to the collection agency. finally the collection agency sent a letter demanding payment within 5 days (this was his first notification of a problem). my husband bought a jet ski for himself the same day as he co-signed for his friend. it was financed through the same credit union, in which he still holds that account in good standing. he has always kept his address updated with his account. the credit union said they sent notification, but he did not receive one. they have already sold the jet ski and said that it was in bad condition. the credit union is trying to make a deal that they will drop the collection agency fees if we will pay the balance of the loan. my husband feels that they (the credit union) has not held up their side of the contract and does not want to pay (especially without taking over the jet ski). what can be done?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">