• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spangle18

Thank You so much for the information, even if it is bad for me. I realize that I'm probably bugging you but I have just two more questios (if you have time):
1) Does it matter that on the tape he said "pay me by Friday" but sued me on Wednesday (2 days before I was to pay)?
2) Also, even though I realize that this isn't a viable point, does it matter at all that the heating coil on the dryer burnt out 1 week after he left the w/d?
Thank you again SO much.

S

spangle18

IAAL

IAAL,
Also, today someone told me that since the dryer broke a week after he left it that I could request that the contract be rescinded. And then he would get his washer and dryer back. Do you think this is an avenue I should pursue?
Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

spangle18 said:
Thank You so much for the information, even if it is bad for me. I realize that I'm probably bugging you but I have just two more questios (if you have time):
1) Does it matter that on the tape he said "pay me by Friday" but sued me on Wednesday (2 days before I was to pay)?
2) Also, even though I realize that this isn't a viable point, does it matter at all that the heating coil on the dryer burnt out 1 week after he left the w/d?
Thank you again SO much.

Also, today someone told me that since the dryer broke a week after he left it that I could request that the contract be rescinded. And then he would get his washer and dryer back. Do you think this is an avenue I should pursue?
Thanks!
My response:

Oh, geez. Now you're making me look like the "bad guy" because I don't have any good news for you. Usually, when I respond to someone, there's usually something there for me to "hang my hat on". But, unfortunately, there's nothing in your posts to allow me to help you. I'll explain.

You asked:

RESPONSE: No. The tape, I'm sure, doesn't say "which" Friday. However, even if it did, it wouldn't matter. Enough time went by that you owed the debt for more than a reasonable period of time, and you should have paid him when he resurfaced; i.e., you should have had the money set aside and ready for him when he got back to you. But, you didn't.

You asked:

RESPONSE: No. When you agreed to buy the appliances from a private party, you bought them "as-is". There are no guarantees or warranties in a private sale, unless placed in writing. So, whomever told you that you could rescind the deal was absolutely wrong.

I'm really sorry, and I wish I had better news for you. You should try to settle this matter with him, along with a court appointed mediator at the courthouse, and before you have this case heard by the judge.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

P.S. You're not bugging me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">