• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Regarding imported un-branded spare parts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

josub

(I live in Europe but I think the laws surrounding the question is global)

Scenario

A chinese factory is producing spare parts for apple's iphone.
They do not produce for apple.
They do not brand their products.

What laws surrounds the event of me buying, importing and selling the products in Europe. Still unbranded, clearly stated that it is not apple brand.

My thoughts:

1) Parallell import: Is illegal to sell a product in one "market-zone" which, by the manufacturer, is intended for another "market-zone".

-Since the product is not the original I consider it OK.

2) Counterfeit goods: Is totally illegal.

-Since these products won't be sold as the "real" ones but as a cheaper replacement-product it's no more illegal than the market of e.g. laptop batteries (which can be found from different manufacturers other than the laptopbrand in any electronicmarket)

3) Patents: Point number 2) I think is correct as long as the laptop-manufacturer doesn't have some kind of product-patent or design-patent.

-No comments

Please consider the interesting scenario above, comment the points and add what I've missed out on.

justalayman

to claim you didn't know means you failed to read the question that was presented to you in the box where you typed in your original question.

It looked exactly like this:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

The problem with that is: you intentionally removed the question so you had to have read the admonishment. That just makes it that you lied when you state:

Really? I apologize, that I didn't know.

Have a nice day, in Europe, the U.S., China, or what ever country you are residing.

josub

Sure, just give me the name of your city, county & state and we can continue.
New york, new york.

Ps. It sounds like Im bothering you. If so please don't waste your time to answer. Forum threads are created as a medium for discussions. Not as a source of irritation. It's totally voluntary to participate. If you find it interesting and want to share your knowledge, please do. I can't describe my appreciation enough.

racer72

Sorry, we don't consider New York, New York, Europe as part of the US. Zigner was being sarcastic.

Mass_Shyster

There is a strong possibility that the spare parts infringe on intellectual property rights of the manufacturer of the copied parts.

josub

Sorry, we don't consider New York, New York, Europe as part of the US. Zigner was being sarcastic.
Ok, thanks anyway.

There is a strong possibility that the spare parts infringe on intellectual property rights of the manufacturer of the copied parts.
Thanks for the answer. Yes I guess that is the case. Though some parts more then others. At least my technical knowledge (my law knowledge is non, that's why I asked for you guys advice) tells me they do not have patented protection of general parts such as an LCD screen or a certain circuit.

If the worst case is true. Who is responsible? The manufacturer of the parts or the seller?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I really don't get it. What is your difficulty in understanding the phrase US LAW ONLY? YEESH!!! :rolleyes:

josub

I really don't get it. What is your difficulty in understanding the phrase US LAW ONLY? YEESH!!! :rolleyes:
You are missing out on the mainpoint of this discussion. I am sorry for that. But please do not get angry. You do not have to live your life like that. I hope you will understand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">