• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1-B employer does'nt pay salary and unused leave compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shobhan

Hi,

I am from India and I hold a H1-B.I was contracted to a Y company from a X company and Y company
contracted me to a Z company.I was working at a Z company as a contractor and the X company was holding my H1-B.
I was being payed a monthly salary by the X company for my services at Z company.
I signed up a contract with the X company that I will work for them for 12 months and I
will pay them 15k if I break the contract.

After working for 9 months at Z company as a contractor I have joined Z company as a
permanent employee, i.e now Z company holds my H1-B.Because I broke the contract Z
company paid some compensation to Y company and Y inturn paid part of the compensation
to the X company.

But the actual problem is X company is not willing to pay for last 15 days of my salary and the
leaves I have accrued during the period of 9 months.When I asked for the salary and unused leave compensation
money the X company says that he will not pay me for leaves because I did not complete one year with
the X company and will not pay my last 15 days salary because X company did not get expected compenstation
from Y company as mentioned earlier.

So, My question : Is there a Govt. authority to complain about the Salary and leave compenstaion the X company owes
me and is my complaint a valid one.I will be greatful if you can answer my query.

Thanks,
Shobhan kumar chinnam

A

Attorney_Replogle

If you really want to wait for a government agency to take their sweet time to getting around to helping you sometime, contact your state labor board. If you are not in California, I have no idea what that agency is called or how to reach them other than to ask an employment law attorney near you. Otherwise, if the amount of money you are talking about is say $5,000 or more, then it is probably worth your while to speak with a local employment law attorney. Show him the contracts and let him/her advise you. You may have a breach of contract case that can be settled/litigated quicker than the government can to achieve the same thing. For an attorney near you try https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">