• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unjust termination and L1Visa status

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

d&c

In Texas for 3 years on L1a visa (applied for under NAFTA)- visa presently being re-newed. New boss, also on L1 visa - UK origin) dismissed me. Company now claims must rescind Visa and I must leave country

?'s
1)- Does fact that company applied for second 3 year term of L1 imply a employment contract with duration - I also have written agreement for green card approval.
2) - Are all L1's equal - are there any rights for "North Americans" under EEOC rules.
3) - If written contract is based on a Annual Salary - paid monthly - does company have to pay out complete annual salary?
4) - as a Canadian, can I still live in the states w/o visa ?

regards
D&C

A

Attorney_Replogle

You are really going to have to consult personally with a local immigration law attorney for help with this one d&c. I doubt that you have to leave the country. I would assume that all L1s are equal -- whatever that means. The most important thing for an immigration law (or an employment law) attorney is to personally read the written contract that you talk about. So get an attorney near you via https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">