• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Horseplay injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BigDon9350

I live and work in New Jersey. At work, my co-worker came up from behind me to startle me. He jumped on my shoulders and jolted my neck. He was horseplaying. I was not engaged in this horseplay. I brought it to my Employers attention and he avoided the issue. He knew I was seeing Doctors and having treatment for this neck injury and he still would not fill out an accident report. I come to find out that he didn't have Workers Comp. Ins.. I have reported him as non-compliant to the state. What happens now as far as he's concerned and I'm concerned?? What will an Attorney due for me? I understand thru hearsay that he will fight me anyway and tell his Attorney that I was engaged in this horseplay which is not true. There were no witness' Thanks, Don...

D

deannie1952

What about the guy who jumped on your shoulders? Wouldn't he be a witness? If he doesn't want to go to court to back you up, maybe you should be sueing him, he IS the reason you are hurt.
Just some different things to think about.

E

Elliotg

I am an attorney who practices in the Greater Tampa, FL area. While I am unfamilar with the New Jersey w/c rules, most States consider compensable horseplay injuries which occur within the scope and course of employment. NJ probably has a statute which permits some sort of remedy against the employer. I am assuming that he was obligated to carry w/c insurance. You should have a formal consultation with an attorney. Contact your State bar, or local bar association for a referral.

Good Luck.

The above information is provided as a courtesy, without any consideration and without knowledge of the specific facts. Do not rely on this information. Seek a formal consultation with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">