• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got the Judgement! Now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Faith S.

I sued someone for a faulty pool installation and won the
judgement from the court. The problem is that the court says
that they are now done and I am on my own for getting garneshment from this person. I called my family lawyer and he told me that he cannot help me cause he was not in on this from the beginning and to call back the court and let them advise me on getting the proper papers or a lawyer from them. They said no way can they help me. So now what do I do? Does any one know if I can get the paperwork on my own or do I have to get another lawyer? I live in Louisiana. Thankyou in advance.. Faith

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Faith S. said:
I sued someone for a faulty pool installation and won the
judgement from the court. The problem is that the court says
that they are now done and I am on my own for getting garneshment from this person. I called my family lawyer and he told me that he cannot help me cause he was not in on this from the beginning and to call back the court and let them advise me on getting the proper papers or a lawyer from them. They said no way can they help me. So now what do I do? Does any one know if I can get the paperwork on my own or do I have to get another lawyer? I live in Louisiana. Thankyou in advance.. Faith
My response:

All you need to do is go to your local, large, bookstore and go into their "legal" section. Get a book on lawsuits, and in that book will be directions, and possibly forms, for executing on the judgment. Follow the directions "to the letter". Make no mistakes, or you'll wind up back at square one.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">