• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for misconduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wizard1218

I was fired yesterday for make a pay adjustment across the board and giving merits beyond company guide lines. I have no coachings but was fired for misconduct. All the District manager would say is I punched in my employees merit raises and that I was lying to him about the whole thing. I could not punch in merits without a main store managers password which he said I had . He could not prove who did it. My question to him was there a report on who did the raises all he said is there was but I never saw it. Is there any action that I can take?Also I decided to resign position before the whole thing went any further then the regional manager and the district manager said that they wouldn't except my resignation that they will terminate me for misconduct. Can this be done? with me resigning first.

[Edited by wizard1218 on 04-04-2001 at 10:42 PM]

A

Attorney_Replogle

Your situation is very hard to understand due to your deplorable grammar and punctuation. Still, it appears that the answer to your question is "Yes". The reasoning is that (assuming you were an at-will employee) a termination can be done for a reason or no reason at all. It really is not worth fighting about whether you resigned first or they fired you. Especially if in your state unemployment compensation is usually given only to terminated employees -- not to those who quit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">