• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Current LLC, how to protect my share

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

above82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I am currently a 25% member of an LLC, my girlfriend is another 25% and the other partners, married are the remaining 50%.

I am listed as the Vice president, she is the treasurer.

We recently opened a business with our partners in the LLC. I have an outside investor, my brother, who financed all of the money. I understand the partnership in the LLC is equal, I would like to know if there is a way for me to secure my brothers investment so the other partners cannot claim any of that money to belong to them or owed to them.

Basically is there a way for me to protect myself outside of the LLC so the other members cannot take away anything I invested. I have been the only one in the LLC to do everything to set up the business. When I say everything I mean everything except putting the LLC together. I am also working several of the hours with my girlfriend at the business. They have not put any money, nor time into it and I do not see them to do anything in the near future. I would like to either get a lawyer for our own protection or if theres another alternative.

Advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">