• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired due to premie baby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnz

i live in florida & recently i was fired for the reason that my fiance' delivered our daughter 1 month too early.i had arranged verbally for a week off had the baby gone full term, but being the baby was early, i had called on the morning of the delivery and explained that i would only take 3 days off.everything was fine until i returned on the third day.i was reprimanded in front of everyone because the shop was busy and i wasn't there, and then i was fired. do i have any recourse? thank you.

A

Attorney_Replogle

Since you were not married you have no federal law protections here. Probably none under state law either. But do check with a local employment law attorney near you via https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">