• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spangle18

IAAL,
Well I woke up this morning to find your post and I'm wondering what in the world to do. I now realize that I have no good points with which to win this case but if you look at the overall picture it makes things look a little different. I mean, I don't hear from this guy for two months, when I do he's threatening me. I had his $100.00 ready for him for the last few weeks. Although I tried to make him understand that he had forced me to buy new locks, he immediately hung up and sued me. My roomate and I called his girlfriend's house frantically all night (we knew he was there because.....well, that's another long story) but he refused to take our calls. I left messages asking him for us to try to work this out without going to court. To tell you the truth, if he hadn't sued me I most likely would have paid the $100.00 because I'm a wimp in controversy. And now I'll be out $200.00 because he's one of those people that practically runs to court to sue someone before anything can be worked out. I would try to sell the washer to someone for $100.00 and give him the money but it also never worked that well and I would feel horrible for selling someone a bad machine.
OK, well I'm definitely feeling sorry for myself now :> I really do appreciate your advice, at least I didn't make a fool of myself in court. I guess I'll go and give him the money.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">