• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

freedom to display the flag of my country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tyguen

arizona, can a real estate management or home owner associations prohibits me from displaying my contry flags.

swalsh411

You are free I'm sure to display it inside your own home.

edit: HOA's have very wide latitude to control the appearance of homes covered by the agreement. For example they can prohibit political signs, protest signs against the HOA itself, and even tell you what kind of flowers you can grow.

Last edited:

mlane58

You are free I'm sure to display it inside your own home.

edit: HOA's have very wide latitude to control the appearance of homes covered by the agreement. For example they can prohibit political signs, protest signs against the HOA itself, and even tell you what kind of flowers you can grow.
Not with The Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005 (4 U.S.C. 1)

JETX

And of course, that is NOT correct.

There is NOTHING in the OP that says it is an AMERICAN flag.... and with his name and "flag of my country", it is very likely NOT an American flag anyway!

mlane58

And of course, that is NOT correct.

There is NOTHING in the OP that says it is an AMERICAN flag.... and with his name and "flag of my country", it is very likely NOT an American flag anyway!
You are right, there isn't. I made an assuption just as you are by saying it isn't likely the american flag.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What y'all are saying is the the ONLY possible answer, considering the amount of information (not) given by the OP, is "Possibly"

:p

LeeHarveyBlotto

Even assuming the OP is talking about the American flag, the law allows for "any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time, place, or manner of displaying the flag ...", so I'd argue that "it depends" is the more correct response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">