• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Figuring out if a silent partner is the way to go

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

christinakirch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Here is our situation: My husband and I opened a G & D- backed finacially by our landlord. We have 2 loans with him at very low interest rates (4%? I think) for a 5 year term. They total 65,000. Besides paying him rent, the loan payments, we have the regular expense to operate the business (utilities, food, payroll, etc.). As the economy is the way it is...we are not bringing in enough to cover it all. (everything but what we owe the landlord) We have talked to him about becoming a silent partner, where he would back us financially, and then when we make a profit...he'd get a percentage. Our questions are: is this worth it? what percentage should we look at? how do we figure out the percentage? ANy advice would be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">