• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Planning staff negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

micoola

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
So the planning department is putting a condition on me that is inconsistant to the law. Ironically the condition is based on that same law. the law is the ca business code that states that if you have self service tobacco displays, then you cant sell food. They put a condition on my market that says i can't sell food or beverages. I have pointed out to them that i will not have any open displays and therefore the law does not apply to me. But they are not reponding to my requests. Can i take any more legal action as far as intentional negligence, or discrimination? or are these county employees immune to all that? Afterall its not even a zoning code they are trying to enforce, It a business code.

Also if i wanted to pursue the department what kind of attorney should i be looking for?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">