• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-profit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michael646260

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I want to start a non-profit business to help raise litter awareness and install more public garbage receptacles in the town which I reside. I plan to start small with fliers for awareness at first which will be inexpensive enough to pay for myself. However I will need charitable donations to pay for the acquisition and installation of garbage receptacles on a city-wide and possibly county wide level in the future.

I am aware of the steps I need to take to get this underway. My questions are : How much can I do prior to beginning the paperwork and filing with all of the proper offices? Can I get donations and sponsorships from companies around town to help cover the costs of getting the business running?

I was also wondering if somebody could advise me as to where I should begin as I have no idea what I'm doing. I only know that just picking up trash around town by myself is not enough and I want more than anything to be able to go for a walk with my children without seeing garbage on the ground at every turn.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You will need to get permission for the municipality before placing receptacles on their property. That may not be so easy to get...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">