• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plastic surgery from work related injury ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Joe Shank

I was injured in a work related accident 3 1/2 years ago that left a 12 inch long scar on my midsection, from the accident and surgery. All medical bills were paid by workers compensation with no problems. I inquired as to getting plastic surgery to remove the scar caused by the accident. My workers comp representative told me to find a plastic surgeon who accepts workers comp, get a price for the surgery and THEN they would discuss whether or not they would pay for the scar removal. I could not find a plastic surgeon that accepts workers comp. I offered to pay for the scar removal myself and have workers comp reimburse me. They said they could not do that....the usual "Not our policy" speech. Is it possible for me to go ahead with the surgery, pay for it myself and force workers comp to reimburse me? Do I have any other options in this matter? I live in Ohio.

Thanks
Joe Shank

C

CTmarcy

I don't know where all the attorneys are on this page. But I have 9 scars, from workers comp surjuries, back in 98 they use to award you for your scar, now each state is different, but when I had all my surjuries after 98 they didn't award me and of that as for friends of mine prior to 98 they were awarded for the scars. You can also find info of your state by doing a search for your state homepage looking up goverment in your state, and then workers comp. I did get alot of my answers there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">