• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

heirs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evelyn80

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I am a 2nd wife. My husband has adult childred by a deceased wife. He has a will, are they still heirs. Should I have to worry that they will want what we have worked together for. He owns a business, which he is sole proprioetship. What should I do.

JETX

I am a 2nd wife. My husband has adult childred by a deceased wife. He has a will, are they still heirs.
Depends largely as to what his will actually says. I suggest you assume that your husband will likely bequeath something to them.

Should I have to worry that they will want what we have worked together for.
No. Other than your direct relationship with him, you really have no way to know to worry or not. What does he say when you discuss your concerns with him??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">