• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother's estate worth less than $4000

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tom Reid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pa.

My friend's mothers estate has a value of $3000.00 or less, dying in testate.

I stopped by the courthouse in Allentown, Pa. today and they said no worry about any estate taxes due to the low amount.

The estate consists of a car valued by Kelly Blue Book at $975.00 and a bank a/c with $100.00 and was given the form's to be notarized and allowing him to take possession of those two things.

The decedent's companion, with whom she resided for 5 year's is being very difficult in allowing him to enter the apt. she and her companion shared to gather her personal effects and family memorabilia going back to the 70's...

What can be done legally to force companion to let him in or does he have a right to gain entry since he has a key while companion is at work..i know the police will be involved so i want to make sure he follows the law...

My friend is very upset and angry over not being allowed entry and is fearful the companion will be moving in the next 30 days and taking everything..

Is there a way to file a court order immediately preventing companion from removing items or allowing entry to take possession of said family items?

Dandy Don

See if there are simplified procedures for smaller estates at the county courthouse. Someone needs to file to be administrator/personal representative, even if it is a smaller estate, who would then have authority to claim any and all assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">