• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BRIDAL BLUES

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BIGTHYQTPI

texas
i was recently engaged to a man that broke off the engagement. we had an agreement to pay for all of the wedding cost 50%-50%. before making each purchased i called him fron my cellular fone as i was signing the checks and confirmed with him was it ok that i make the purchases and each time he said yes. i purchased my gown, headpiece and flowers totally approximatel $1160. i sent him an email asking for half of that amount as per our verbal agreement and he claims that it's the brides parents' responsibilty to pay and that he never told me to buy them because he was planning on marrying me. i have emails from him that he sent to his mother telling her about our wedding and when it was scheduled for and emails saying he had no intention of marrying me. i was wondering if emails of promising to go thru w/ the wedding (although i realize he has the right to not marry me if he so choses) and a broke verbal contract would hold up in small claims court or did i need to have a formal typewritten contract for both of us to sign.

[Edited by BIGTHYQTPI on 04-06-2001 at 02:25 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">