• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reselling bicycles in USA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jason27

I am looking for legal advice regarding reselling bicycles that have been modified to electric.

Basically I take old used bikes that I buy from a non profit organization. I clean them up, put on new tires, and retrofit them to electric. I then resell the bikes for a profit. I have re-sold old schwinns and huffys that would have otherwise been in the dumpster or landfill.

I have been reading about first sale and material difference but i need other opinions. Clearly a electric schwinn bike i build is far different than anything they have right now.

None of my customers have been confused about where the product came from. They know i retrofit them at my store.

Should I take off the schwinn/huffy logos off the bikes? Would that make a difference? I just want to make sure im legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">