• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hiring background checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xyzhelp

I recently applied for a position with a Rhode Island Company and they asked me to sign a form allowing them to perform a credit and criminal background check on me. I declined and said I would sign the form only if there was an offer. They verbally offered me the position and I accepted but they called back several days later after I had already given my notice to my current employer and said they needed me to sign the form before they could send out a letter of hire. I dont mind them doing a criminal background check on me but can they force me to agree to allow them access to my credit information after they already verbally gave me the position? I consider my financial information very private and I dont think they have the right to view it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">