• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How protected am I with an LLC?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marsun

I have a question about an LLC. I currently have a restaurant set up as an LLC and am being threatened with a lawsuit for showing a PPV event without permission.

My question is if he gets a judgement won't it only go against the LLC as I understood it our personal assets are protected. I ask because the lawyer said something along the lines of an LLC being flimsy and that he is going to sue us personally.

Can he sue us individually? Doesn't he have to sue the LLC?

tranquility

If an employee did it without your permission, you might get away with only entity liability if you're set up and funded properly. However, if you did it on your own, you might not. Personal liability is not cut off by the LLC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">