• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

usernamejose

I am interested in starting an LLC in Florida with a partner. We are aware of the process, we both have existing LLC's.

The difference this time, is that I want my ownership to be anonymous. Is there a way to do this?

I was considering, rather than forming the LLC with both of us being 50% members,instead filing the company with my partner being the 100% member. Then having a separate contract with him stating that I "own" or am "entitled" to 50% of the company and outlining other facets of the companies operation and structure (what would normally be an operating agreement).

My objective is to somehow be an owner or pseudo owner without being listed in the articles of incorporation. :confused:

usernamejose

Thanks for the reply.

You suggest there are other ways that a partner can be hidden. Could you suggest others (pros and cons)? Is there any information I could find online about this subject?

usernamejose

Both partners are in Florida, both partners are American citizens.

Any other resources on this topic? Is this fairly common?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">