• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord of commercial lease....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

above82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this thread but here goes..

Can a landlord of my store request 5% of my sales.

above82

So basically any landlord of a commercial business has a right to collect 5% of your store sales?:eek:

Is there somewhere I can read on this and what my rights to that are, meaning do I have to show them sales statements and financials etc..

thanks

HomeGuru

So basically any landlord of a commercial business has a right to collect 5% of your store sales?:eek:

Is there somewhere I can read on this and what my rights to that are, meaning do I have to show them sales statements and financials etc..

thanks
**A: there is no set law for commercial leases like there is for residential leases. In residential, there is the landlord tenant law. In the lease of commercial real estate eveything is negotiable with respect to a percentage rent.

above82

Ok so basically again, a landlord of a commercial lease can request a percentage upon negotiation. Is there somewhere I can read on this as far as my rights or is all of this basically determined by negotiation. I just would liek to know what rights i have as far as my fiancial statements go, its my business and i would think i wouldnt have to show them anything.

MrJenkins

Ok so basically again, a landlord of a commercial lease can request a percentage upon negotiation. Is there somewhere I can read on this as far as my rights or is all of this basically determined by negotiation. I just would liek to know what rights i have as far as my fiancial statements go, its my business and i would think i wouldnt have to show them anything.
you're absolutely correct. You don't have to show them anything, however they don'thave to rent to you.

This is all determined in negotiations and you very well may find a property that doesn't ask for a percentage of your sales. A little google research can give you the norms.

FarmerJ

Curious ? are you under a commercial lease that NOW requires a % of sales OR is this a change to a lease that is up for renewal? If current lease doesnt allow for LL to add that to the lease then LL cannot add a clause like that and expect compliance. If its in a current lease or a lease renewal yes it can be enforced and your free to not renew and re locate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">