• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pre-employment physicals

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

katiedee1964

I have been offered a position and told a start date, however they asked me to take a pre-employment physical. They said that if I have records of my immunizations no blood would have to be drawn on the day of the physical. My question is if an employeer guaretees you a position and says that you have to have a physical "only"......can they drug test me without my consent? Or do I have to be told that a drug test will be given and that it must be passed. In other words....all of the documentations I received with regards to this position does'nt say that a drug test will be given or that it is required. By law "don't I have to be notified?" i reside in the state of pennsylvania. thank you in advance. katiedee1964

A

Attorney_Replogle

You will have to ask or email a local employment law attorney about that as it would be state specific. Every state will have different laws regarding that same subject. Try finding one via https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">