• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sued????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mjw

my husband was soliced at his old job by an internet gooroo for a new job. my husband was not completely interested, however he took the mans card to be polite. he called the man one time to hear the details out of curiousity and this started a long chain of phone calls and visits to my husband's place of business. this man insisted that my husband should hear more about the job. hoping to get this man off his back my husband agreed to meet the man. the man isisted the meeting be at our house. he came over with some papers for my husband to read over and gave him some more details. this started a new circle of harrassing calls and visits to my husbands new job. after realizing my husband was really not interested he decided he wanted the papers back that he had left for my husband. we were going to be moving so i thought the papers were either packed or thrown out. my husband stated that he would take the papers to a neutral area if we had them. we did not have them so we did not take them. the man stated the paper work was worth $30.00. another call i took a message which included his address if my husband argeed to pay the$30.00 as the man stated he did. my husband said there was never any agreement and that nothing was ever said that the paper work had to be returned. the man persisted and went to his work again i let him know that it would not happen again since it was very inappropriate. now he sends a letter to his work stating we owe him 30.00 plus 2.00/ day interest 10.00/day late charge.is this man for real? we live in PA and husband works in NJ sorry it is not brief...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

The man is obviously 1 can short of a 6-pack.

He has no right to charge $30.00, or late charges. Merely tell the man, when he calls again, that you will report him to the police and swear out a complaint for "stalking". Also, you will file for an immediate "Restraining Order" or "Order of Protection".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">