• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Business Partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AtWitsEnd2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hello
I found this forum and signed up today, because as my name states, I am at my wits end. I have made a terrible mistake, but I believe it is not too uncommon.
My husband and I went into business late last year and created a Tattoo Studio with a man whom we apparently did not know at all. It has been 9 months since we opened, and he has yet to pay anything to utilities, licensing, or supplies. He ordered a $600 LLC agreement without our consent, and paid the down payment for the insurance, which he never paid ever again and we lost our insurance. While we reserve over 60% in the agreement, he has stolen the shop receipts and informed us today he was at a lawyer 'to protect himself.' I have paid for everything out of my bank account, so I don't know what good those receipts will do him.
He also has no good credit, and because of this, everything is in my name. I am omitting one crucial part to my story, this man is a junkie. He takes Oxycotin and other big narcotics on a daily basis, this makes him impossible to reason with. He did not pay for any of the renovation costs, down payments on the building, anything for utilities and supplies and he even doesn't pay his half of the rent every month. I was just informed that he had done this for a few months, by our landlord; not him. Not only does he not pay for anything, he is also a very unpleasant and uncombed person. I want to make him leave and try to save the business, but I think that we will just have to cut our losses and do something else for awhile. It would be nice to be able to save the business, because we have worked so hard and have become somewhat of a success, but he was the one who was supposed to know about the IRS forms, and he has done nothing. So, I could take a crash course on how to run a business, and my advice to anyone that is just reading this, please, please, check references with everyone, even if they pull the wool over your eyes and make themselves sound really wonderful, the minute we signed the lease, everything changed.
Thank you in advance to anyone that has anything to help me out, or reassurance. I would appreciate any kind of help. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">