• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor of Will Not Cooperating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christina_h

I live in Idaho, but my grandmother who passed away last winter lived in California. My aunt (also in California) was made the executor of her will, and was the one who notified me of my grandmother's death. She and I are the only living relatives of my grandmother. She has not notified me of anything about the estate or her will, and it has been over 6 months. I have tried getting contact with her numerous times to no avail. What can I do to get her to send me a copy of the will, which I know I am a beneficiary in? I do not know the attorney that my grandmother's will was filed with, so I cannot get it from them. I do not want to have to hire a lawyer to do this, as that would be quite expensive. Please help me find another way to get this settled.

anteater

If your aunt had actually petitioned the court for appointment to administer the estate, you should have received notice of the hearing.

Call the Superior Court in the county in which your grandmother resided and ask for the Probate Division. Ask if a petition has been presented to open probate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">