• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Predeceased Named on Titled Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fastpitch

I am PR for my father. He passed Feb 2010. His wife predeceased him by 13 months.

Everything seemed to be going fine until I had to get a replacement title for his vehicle. Both names were still on the title. I believe the same goes for the home title.

There were no proceedings after her death. Evrything went to my father. I can not find any paperwork listing my Dad as being her representative, I do have orignal death certificates for her.

I am told I may need to open a preceding for my Dad on her behalf to clear this up??

Is there an easier way?

justalayman

possibly but it depends on what state this is in and you decided to delete that question when you posted. Did you think that might be important? apparently not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">