• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Course

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robb1955

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama in the county of Clarke. My nephew was arrested on a marajuna charge in 2005. He was given a drug test and it came up positive. Since that time he has to report, when ever called by the county, to come and give a urine sample for testing. Each time he is tested the county charges him around $500 for the test. His bill is aproaching $4,ooo. He cannot leave the county or state to get employment due to his having to report when called. Is it leagal for any county or state to charge someone convicted of a charge that amount of money knowing that the person is not able to pay the charge?

I question the numbers you have provided in this case. No drug testing/probation maint fees I've ever heard of costs even close to that. There has to be more going on or some facts are incorrect. Is he telling you this? Maybe he is trying to scam you. I'm willing to be corrected on this, but those numbers arent even in the realm of the $15-40 fees for drug testing/monthly monitoring I am accustomed to.

Indiana Filer

I question the numbers you have provided in this case. No drug testing/probation maint fees I've ever heard of costs even close to that. There has to be more going on or some facts are incorrect. Is he telling you this? Maybe he is trying to scam you. I'm willing to be corrected on this, but those numbers arent even in the realm of the $15-40 fees for drug testing/monthly monitoring I am accustomed to.
I've got to agree with Steven here. There is no way the testing is $500 each time.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama in the county of Clarke. My nephew was arrested on a marajuna charge in 2005. He was given a drug test and it came up positive. Since that time he has to report, when ever called by the county, to come and give a urine sample for testing. Each time he is tested the county charges him around $500 for the test. His bill is aproaching $4,ooo. He cannot leave the county or state to get employment due to his having to report when called. Is it leagal for any county or state to charge someone convicted of a charge that amount of money knowing that the person is not able to pay the charge?
**A: you have not provided factual information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">