• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posession of marijuana, but not really! help:(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2spells2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

Here's my situation:
I'm 15 and i'm a freshman in high school.
Another male that was of the same age as myself, handed me a small bag of marijuana, about one gram. I accepted thinking it was a small bag of money, from what I saw for a short second. After putting the small bag in my pocket, I then realized it probably wasn't money, as he started telling me he wanted me to give it to someone for him. Then, before he could tell me, two principals from my school call me into their office. I was then extremely cooperative, gave them the drug, and told them I genuinely didn't know it was such. They still wrote me up, had me arrested, for possession of a controlled substance. The other student did get the same treatment, except for distribution.
Now I have two question,
would I be able to come out of this case clean, once I've explained these circumstances to a judge?
and do I have the right to sue my principal? As he did wait until I accepted the drug to call in?
I mean would he let a woman get raped before he called the rapist into his office?

Help is much appreciated, thanks guys!

1. Nothing you said leads me to think that a pretrial dismissal of a case would be warranted.

2. You can sue anyone you want. You will not likely have any success in the suit though.

You'll probably end up taking a hit for this (of a differnt type) ..

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

Here's my situation:
I'm 15 and i'm a freshman in high school.
Another male that was of the same age as myself, handed me a small bag of marijuana, about one gram. I accepted thinking it was a small bag of money, from what I saw for a short second. After putting the small bag in my pocket, I then realized it probably wasn't money, as he started telling me he wanted me to give it to someone for him. Then, before he could tell me, two principals from my school call me into their office. I was then extremely cooperative, gave them the drug, and told them I genuinely didn't know it was such. They still wrote me up, had me arrested, for possession of a controlled substance. The other student did get the same treatment, except for distribution.
Now I have two question,
would I be able to come out of this case clean, once I've explained these circumstances to a judge?
and do I have the right to sue my principal? As he did wait until I accepted the drug to call in?
I mean would he let a woman get raped before he called the rapist into his office?

Help is much appreciated, thanks guys!
Your "example" manages to be both moronic AND offensive.

Congratulations. You have NO logic.

BOR

Now I have two question,
How many people put money in a bag per your facts. If it is enough to warrant such, then it was probably the product of a crime.

Sue the Principal? The 1st thing an education is supposed to teach is, well, education. You are 15, this isn't a Son of Sam deal, you can't profit from your crime.

And what is a pretrial dismissal?
Look, if I were a betting man (and I am) - they are going to charge you and you will end up probably admitting and accepting their program + fine + whatever because when they tell you they are going to throw you in juvi you will likely forget all about your tale.

I have 420 law at the end of my name for a reason so its not like I get queezy over weed.. but you live in a state with draconian MJ laws and got caught. If you screw around, you are going to get nailed to the wall. Finish school, move to cali. We'll have it legal by then... but I would advise that you not goof around with weed at school (or anywhere) anymore until you are at least an adult.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">